The school counsellor assists with psychosocial knowledge to promote student learning and development.
The school counsellor does this by:
- Communicating professionally with individual students and their families, focusing on solutions, support, motivation, and crisis.
- Participating in networks with, for example, school staff, mental health professionals, police and social services who are working with students.
- Providing guidance and advice to staff.
- Identifying the school social situation of students.
- Providing knowledge and information on services available in the community to do with social services, economy, certificates and referrals.
The counsellor is available for all International School students at Petri and Nic all days, except Fridays. Please e-mail or call 0729-74 78 12 for an appointment.